BACON, CHEDDAR, & GREEN ONION CORNBREAD
The Best Bacon, Cheddar, and Green Onion Cornbread
Whether you're hosting a backyard barbecue, enjoying a cozy family dinner, or simply craving a comforting side dish, this mouthwatering and savoury cornbread recipe is sure to delight everyone. The best part? It's incredibly easy to make, thanks to our specially crafted Cornbread Dry Mix, which takes the guesswork out of measuring and ensures consistent results every time.
Tip: For easy sharing check out our Cornbread Muffin recipe to make Bacon and Onion Cornbread Muffins!
- Cook the bacon slices until crispy. Set aside to cool and chop.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the milk, egg, and oil in a large bowl.
- Add the cornbread mix, bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Heat a 10 inch cast iron pan over high heat and add the butter. Tilt the pan to coat the bottom and sides until it is fully melted. For increased decadence, use the bacon grease from earlier in place of the butter!
- Pour the batter into the hot pan and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cut the cornbread into wedges and serve with homemade Smoked Honey Butter or Provisions Red Pepper Jelly and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Tip for muffins: These muffins freeze really well! Wrap each muffin individually with tin foil. Freeze for up to 2 months.
If you've been searching for the best granola recipe that combines a smoky-sweet flavour and a delightful crunch, you've come to the right place. This unique twist on a classic favourite is an easy way to elevate your breakfast and snack game.
This Granola is perfect for yogurt parfaits, smoothie bowls, salad toppers, or a crunchy snack on its own!